My dog just had a splenectomy. What are some ways I can help to promote his healing?

I want to do anything I can to help him recover fully and live a healthy life afterwards.... any suggestions, foods, supplements, etc?Thank you!Hi miaugh, thank you for asking. I just emailed you.

My dog just had a splenectomy. What are some ways I can help to promote his healing?

I want to do anything I can to help him recover fully and live a healthy life afterwards.... any suggestions, foods, supplements, etc?Thank you!Hi miaugh, thank you for asking. I just emailed you....
    General Dog Discussions : My dog just had a splenectomy. What are some ways I can help to promote his healing?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog just had a splenectomy. What are some ways I can help to promote his healing?

My dog just had a splenectomy. What are some ways I can help to promote his healing? General Dog Discussions
      I want to do anything I can to help him recover fully and live a healthy life afterwards.... any suggestions, foods, supplements, etc?Thank you!Hi miaugh, thank you for asking. I just emailed you.

My dog just had a splenectomy. What are some ways I can help to promote his healing? General Dog Discussions
    • I was wondering how he was doing! (You asked a question a while ago about his being anemic, right?) Was there a mass on his spleen? Many dogs do very well after a splenectomy, just follow your vet's instructions about limiting his activity while he's healing, and giving pain medication as prescribed.This site has one person's story of their dog's splenectomy & recovery. The dog had splenomegaly (enlarged spleen) and splenic torsion (twisting) so the spleen was removed. The case may not be the same as with your dog, but it does talk about what the owner did afterwards, under her vet's supervision, to help her dog's recovery. I would ask the vet that treated your dog, if any of those measures would be helpful for your dog. It may or may not be appropriate for your dog, only your vet can tell you. Good luck!http://cascadeswissyclub.com/breed_info/spleen.shtml