Does anyone know what a BG curve for blood sugar entails in a dog?

My dog is a diabetic. We just found out on June 16th and I have heard that a BG curve is a good thing to do to find out how much insulin to give a dog, but I don't know what it entails.When should this be done? I mean how soon should a curve be done on…

My dog is a diabetic. We just found out on June 16th and I have heard that a BG curve is a good thing to do to find out how much insulin to give a dog, but I don't know what it entails.When should this be done? I mean how soon should a curve be done on…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does anyone know what a BG curve for blood sugar entails in a dog?...

• Does anyone know what a BG curve for blood sugar entails in a dog?

Does anyone know what a BG curve for blood sugar entails in a dog? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is a diabetic. We just found out on June 16th and I have heard that a BG curve is a good thing to do to find out how much insulin to give a dog, but I don't know what it entails.When should this be done? I mean how soon should a curve be done on my puppy?

Does anyone know what a BG curve for blood sugar entails in a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • A blood glucose curve involves a days stay at the vets, at least. Blood sugar readings are taken at least every couple of hours, sometimes more frequently, to monitor how the sugar levels fluctuate during the day and how well the body responds to the insulin. I normally take a pre-breakfast and morning insulin glucose, then given them breakfast and their insulin and d every 2 hours from there. Insulin can be adjusted based on how your dog responds, however it will take time to get your dog stabilised and probably several blood glucose curves.Edit - Your curve should be done right away, because all the time you are waiting, your dog is an unstable diabetic.