Does your dog seem to get depressed during the rainy season?

It started raining non stop where we live (has been three days) and my dog has seemed lethargic and sad ever since. There are no other symptoms that might mean an illness such as diarrhea or vomiting. The only other thing I can think of is that she had…

It started raining non stop where we live (has been three days) and my dog has seemed lethargic and sad ever since. There are no other symptoms that might mean an illness such as diarrhea or vomiting. The only other thing I can think of is that she had…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does your dog seem to get depressed during the rainy season?...

• Does your dog seem to get depressed during the rainy season?

Does your dog seem to get depressed during the rainy season? General Dog Discussions
      It started raining non stop where we live (has been three days) and my dog has seemed lethargic and sad ever since. There are no other symptoms that might mean an illness such as diarrhea or vomiting. The only other thing I can think of is that she had to get a corticosteroid injection for a bee sting on Sunday but the vet said it was a short acting and mild steroid. Could it be the rain or the steroid?

Does your dog seem to get depressed during the rainy season? General Dog Discussions
    • It could be the rain. Whenever it rains, all my dogs hold it as long as possible. I literally have to force them out the door so they can do their business.

• If your dog is usually an outdoor dog then it's probably that. The dog wants to go outside, but can't because it's raining.My six year old dog has been an indoor dog ever since she has had surgery on her leg and she enjoys the indoors a lot. She just sleeps all day, lol.

• It is probably the rain because my three dogs are sad or scared of the rain and thunder too so if you are really concerned hten you can call your docter but it is probably the rain

• If there's one thing dog lovers recognize, it's that our best animal friends--while very different from us--are strikingly similar to people in many ways. A case of the blues, and even outright depression, is but one more malady we share. As humans, we can rationalize our feelings, try to understand them, and seek a way out. Our dogs aren't so lucky. They often need our help, and our love and involvement, to break out of the cycle.http://tinyurl.com/67qr6z