Is it ok for dogs to eat cat food?

My dog sometimes eats the cat is that ok?

Is it ok for dogs to eat cat food?

My dog sometimes eats the cat is that ok?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it ok for dogs to eat cat food?...

• No I don't think it is. Not as a habit anyways. Dog food has the stuff that dogs need in it. They need all that protein and stuff in their body to keep healthy. And cats will get sick if they eat dog food cause of the fat content in it, so I would think you wouldn't want to risk your dogs or your cats health.

• It won't hurt them once in a while but it shouldn't be all the time. Sometimes cat food will give dogs diarrhea. Cat food is made specifically for cats requirements and dog food is made for dogs needs. So my answer is NO.

• Here is what you need to know about dog and cat food.Generally you should NOT feed your dog any great amount of cat food because it contains a much higher level of protein and most dogs do not do too well on high protein diets. Cats are carnivores so their food contains a much higher protein content.Now, things have changed a bit with recent research. Natura which produces the healthiest pet foods in the world (Innova, Karma, California Natural) have recently produced EVO which is a high protein, low carb diet. This food is geared towards extremely active dogs like sport, hunting or herding dogs. Again, many dogs do not do too well on this food because of the high protein and because they are not active enough to use the stored energy....it goes in one end and out the other and you are left with a nice mess!By the sounds of it your dog is just eating a bit of cat food here and there which is fine. Just remember...if he's eating the cat food, cut back on the dog food you give him or you are going to have one overweight dog which can be very unhealthy.As a pet nutrition consultant, I always strongly recommend that people be cautious of what brand of food they are feeding. Stay away from generic brands like Iams, Eukanuba, Science Diet, Purina, Pedigree, and so on. Almost 100% of foods you can buy at the vets or in grocery/department stores are extremely low grade. You can ONLY get high quality foods at a pet specialty store. I mentioned above Innova which is the highest quality food in the world but if you can't find that check out these as well: Canidae, Evolve, Wellness, Fromm, Merrick, and other brands that do not have fillers (corn, wheat, beet pulp, etc) or by products. Good luck:)

• nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3

• Its not going to hurt your dog. It will probably mess up your dogs bowel movements. Cat food just doesnt have the same vitamins and nutrients that dog food does. Its good for cats. But my pit used to eat my cat food until i moved it. It just gave him diahrea.