How do I get my dog to eat peanut butter and chocolate? He's underweight now..?

How do I get my dog to eat peanut butter and chocolate? He is very underweight right now and I am worried about him. I know I have to give him a high fat and protein diet..so I'll try putting the peanut butter and chocolate in the microwave and melt it…

How do I get my dog to eat peanut butter and chocolate? He is very underweight right now and I am worried about him. I know I have to give him a high fat and protein diet..so I'll try putting the peanut butter and chocolate in the microwave and melt it…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get my dog to eat peanut butter and chocolate? He's underweight now..?...

• How do I get my dog to eat peanut butter and chocolate? He's underweight now..?

How do I get my dog to eat peanut butter and chocolate? He's underweight now..? General Dog Discussions
      How do I get my dog to eat peanut butter and chocolate? He is very underweight right now and I am worried about him. I know I have to give him a high fat and protein diet..so I'll try putting the peanut butter and chocolate in the microwave and melt it so he can lick it up.. are there any other suggestions?

How do I get my dog to eat peanut butter and chocolate? He's underweight now..? General Dog Discussions
    • Don't feed him chocolate--that can kill dogs.peanut butter is good only as a treat, not a regular part of the diet.Just get a high quality high protein and fat food (Innova Evo is a good one) and that will do the trick.

• I just hold out a spoonful of peanut butter and my dog goes to town! That's how she takes any oral medicine she needs and it is a special treat when she's been a really good girl. There is no trick to getting her to eat it though -she comes running as soon as she sees the jar!

• Only give peanut butter with no sugars in it. and never give chocolate unless you want your dog to die. give him a high protein dog food or puppy food. working dog and large breed dog food has more protein. giving people food, that makes people fat, is not what you give a dog that needs to put on weight.

• First off, chocolate is poisonous to animals. Think of something that is not a human snack food. Go ask your vet for suggestions, or look in the dog food isle in the store and look at the ingredients of their various foods.

• The caffeine in chocolate can be dangerous for a dog, so avoid that. And if he's underweight it's very likely that he's sick. Go see your vet and they can determine if something is wrong with him and recommend special foods that will safely help your pup get back to a healthier weight.

• Chocolate is very dangerous for dogs to eat. Go the the pet store and get a high calorie paste. It's for dogs and puppies that need to eat more calories and gain weight. Keep in mind that gaining too much weight too quickly isn't good either. You want to feed more but not too quickly or else they will get sick.

• Ask your vet for suggestions on what to feed your dog.Your dog will eat the peanut butter and chocolate with very little objections, you will find, but chocolate is terrible for dogs. I would not reccommend it.Your vet will have suggestions, or surf the web.

• No chocolate. It contains theobromine, a toxic substance for dogs.ARe you sure he's underweight? Some dogs are naturally skinny. I would take him to the vet if you are concerned.

• Please dont give your dog chocolate! It can be fatal! Have you taken your dog to the vet? If your vet said that he was underweight he could provide certain vitamins or supplements for you to give your dog to go along with his food. Or even suggest better food than peanut butter and chocolate to get his weight up.