How do I go about shipping a puppy?

I need to transport a puppy to his new family. I live in North Dakota and he needs to go to Texas. Anyone have any suggestions?

I need to transport a puppy to his new family. I live in North Dakota and he needs to go to Texas. Anyone have any suggestions?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I go about shipping a puppy?...

• How do I go about shipping a puppy?

How do I go about shipping a puppy? Other Pet Discussions
      I need to transport a puppy to his new family. I live in North Dakota and he needs to go to Texas. Anyone have any suggestions?

How do I go about shipping a puppy? Other Pet Discussions
    • 1) Drive the puppy 1/2 way and have the new family meet you!2) Fly the puppy down and take him carry on, in the inside of the plane.3) Find a college student headed to Texas and have them take the Puppy to Texas.Putting a puppy in a airplane approved crate to fly under the plane is dangerous and not good for the puppy. Check out the news reports about the trauma and deaths that occur. Thus this is not recommended!!

• I would advise flying down to Texas with the puppy with you in the cabin so it isn't scared. It may cost more, but it is the safer bet if you want the family to get a healthy and happy puppy.

• First it has to have all its shots and wormer, then you find the cheapest airline that ships animals. You have to supply the cage in which its to be shipped in and it has to be big enough for your animal to move around in.

• There are many airport you can ship out to. Like american airlines for one. The pup would have to be shiped cargo. Must be vet checked all shots and including a health cert. A crate that fits the animal confortably. If its a snub nosed breed there are additional requirements. Most airports are 40degrees to 80degrees is where they will ship. Snub nosed dogs are more requirements. They charge by weight combined with the carrier. Call a airport and they will give you a complete list. If this is a small breed puppy i wouldnt ship untell 12 weeks or older. Shiping can be stressful for young puppies. So shiping would be at last resort.

• MILLIONS OF PUPS FLY SAFELY EVERY YEAR. I JUST RECIEVED ONE. THESE PUPS MIGHT NOT HAVE A GREAT HOME OTHER WISE. FEEL GOOD ABOUT WHAT YOUR DOING. HE WILL BE FINE AND LOVE HIS NEW FAMILY. THE DELTA AIRLINES WILL TALK YOU THROUGH IT. GOD SPEED.

• first you have to get a pet carrier... put food and small pet water bottle ( Guinea pig or hamster water bottle) and call airports in your area... ask for the department that ships livestock... oh and make sure you have the shot records on hand for the animal being shipped because the airport might ask for it...

• I had to have my shih tzu shipped from Pennsylvania to Washington state a couple of years back. This is the company I used to help me out and everything went great - my baby girl was happy and healthy when she arrived!http://www.happytailstravel.com/index.php

• It will cost aroune $350.00 to ship by plane.Airlines do it all the time.Some dogs can't be shipped but certain times of the year.You do take a risk shipping it is up to you.But you do have to have the correct crate and so fourth.