What is the best pet insurance in Australia?

We breed bengal cats; and are looking to insure them all. I need some recommendations as to which insurance company I should use? I don't nessicarily need the most expensive, just the one people have had the best experience with?

We breed bengal cats; and are looking to insure them all. I need some recommendations as to which insurance company I should use? I don't nessicarily need the most expensive, just the one people have had the best experience with?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best pet insurance in Australia?...

• What is the best pet insurance in Australia?

What is the best pet insurance in Australia? Other Pet Discussions
      We breed bengal cats; and are looking to insure them all. I need some recommendations as to which insurance company I should use? I don't nessicarily need the most expensive, just the one people have had the best experience with?

What is the best pet insurance in Australia? Other Pet Discussions
    • RSPCA (if you live in australia) pet insurance is the best. You can cover your pet for routine care as well as emergency care and at the same time you're helping the RSPCA to care for all creatures great and small. I intend to insure with cat with RSPCA pet cover.

• In my opinion, most pet insurance in Australia isn't very good. It won't cover routine vet visits for preventative stuff (eg vaccinations), has a long list of exclusions (things which aren't covered), eg pregnancy related problems and caesarians (I assume this is important to you as a breeder), inherited diseases (like congenital eye problems, heart disease and hip dysplasia), and usually has a maximum payout of only a few hundred dollars, which won't cover much. Some won't cover animals over 10 years old (which is when you need it most) and some will only cover you for their vet of choice (which may not be your usual vet, or someone convenient for you to see).I strongly suggest getting a copy of all the policies available in your area, and reading the fine print, especially the exclusions. Then work out how much it will cost you, and whether you think it's worth it. If it were me, I wouldn't bother - I'd put as much as I could afford into a high interest savings account, and use that for pet insurance instead.