What age do kittens start lapping from a bowl?

We have a female kitten who is still drinking from a bottle and she is about 6 1/2 weeks old. How do we start her on drinking from a bowl and get her away from the bottle?

We have a female kitten who is still drinking from a bottle and she is about 6 1/2 weeks old. How do we start her on drinking from a bowl and get her away from the bottle?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What age do kittens start lapping from a bowl?...

• What age do kittens start lapping from a bowl?

What age do kittens start lapping from a bowl? Other Pet Discussions
      We have a female kitten who is still drinking from a bottle and she is about 6 1/2 weeks old. How do we start her on drinking from a bowl and get her away from the bottle?

What age do kittens start lapping from a bowl? Other Pet Discussions
    • Keep nursing her but start offering her solids. You can use beef babyfood and put some on your finger. She should sniff and lick. If she doesn't, scrape a little of it off your finger and onto the roof of her mouth. She should make a face and chew it alittle, she may spit it out the first few times. It's offering it to her that is important. She doesn't need to go from bottle to dish. She should just start to be weaned. Some kittens will not wean until well into their 8th or 9th week. But she should begin to take solids soon. Depending on breed, 7 weeks is a good time to start them on solids. But please keep nursing her until she eats hard kitten kibble by herself.

• I've had a kitten that i had to bottle feed before and i still have him u probably will have to stick her mouth into the bowl (its not cruel i've had to do it) and quit givine her milk start her on water

• she can start now!!! my kittens are 10 weeks old now--they started at 5-6 weeks....just put a bowl down and gently stick her nose in it. She will lick it off and eventually she'll realize that THAT is where she gets her fluids...also--in about a week-she can start on kitten chow softened with water or a small amount of wet food. good luck!!

• I just ewant to share my bad experiance wiht my kitten and just putting her nose in BOWl of liquid...... it went up her nose and I was three wekks getng her anywhere neer a bowl so be careful... try leading her to a dish of milk replacement with the niipple... also you need to start offering her solide i suggest a dry KItten food made soaft by the kitten milk you are using offer every day.... the baby food on roof of mouth is good to....just reduce the amout of milk you add to the kitten food till she is eating hard kibble. hope this helped.