How do it get my dog to bark when he wants outside to go pottie?

My dog won't bark to let me know he has to go outside. I have tried to teach him by giving him the command to bark and then taking him outside. He will bark on command.

My dog won't bark to let me know he has to go outside. I have tried to teach him by giving him the command to bark and then taking him outside. He will bark on command....
    Other Pet Discussions : How do it get my dog to bark when he wants outside to go pottie?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do it get my dog to bark when he wants outside to go pottie?

How do it get my dog to bark when he wants outside to go pottie? Other Pet Discussions
      My dog won't bark to let me know he has to go outside. I have tried to teach him by giving him the command to bark and then taking him outside. He will bark on command.

How do it get my dog to bark when he wants outside to go pottie? Other Pet Discussions
    • Train him to go to the toilet outside. then when he wants outside he knows that he needs you to go with him, so he will start wimpering or barking at the door to let you know.

• We hung a little bell next to the door. During potty training, we would ring it every time we took our dog out. Eventually, he began to ring the bell when he needed to go out. Sounds difficult, but really isn't. It was something my husband has done with all of his dogs and it worked like a charm.

• If you are trying to train your dog not to pee or poop in the house a sure fire way is to place he/she in a dog carrier with the door shut. They will not go in "their" space. Don't keep them there forever though.. Each time they wake up from their naps take them immediately outside so they can do their business. Stay with them until you know they have finished. You should be able to then let your dog play outside of their dog carrier (always leave the door open when they are out of it). If you are consistent, and you have to be..... before you know it, your dog will be going into their dog carrier to sleep and then letting you know when they want out. The key here is to watch their body language... Sometimes they are telling you and you aren't listening.... :)

• you should try training him to hit a bell next to the door to go out, by ringing the bell and making him sit ring the bell again then take him out that should get you passed the trying to get him to bark to go out and wait and see how many ppl are shocked when he rings a bell to go potty