How do I find a reasonable priced great dane puppy?

I've searched many sites and can't find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a fawn great dane puppy for a companion, not show. I live in tunkhannock, pa. I'm willing to drive to New York or New Jersey.

I've searched many sites and can't find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a fawn great dane puppy for a companion, not show. I live in tunkhannock, pa. I'm willing to drive to New York or New Jersey....
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I find a reasonable priced great dane puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I find a reasonable priced great dane puppy?

How do I find a reasonable priced great dane puppy? Other Pet Discussions
      I've searched many sites and can't find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a fawn great dane puppy for a companion, not show. I live in tunkhannock, pa. I'm willing to drive to New York or New Jersey.

How do I find a reasonable priced great dane puppy? Other Pet Discussions
    • It is important not to let price be a barrier when buying a puppy. The purchase price of a puppy is only 3% of what you spend on a healthy pup in its lifetime. If you buy a "cheap" puppy, it is only cheap because it hasn't been health tested - in these places you will get a dog that will in most cases have health problems (such as the case of my friend who had to spend $10,000 on an operation for her dog). Most of these dogs are also hard to train as most of them have not been around people. The best place to get a dog is from a shelter or a registered breeder. For more information I strongly suggest you visit www.petbizzo.com - if the information you are looking for is not there, ask a question in the General Dog Chat area. There are plenty of people there to talk to who also have Great Danes. Good luck :)

• I have a Great Dane and they are wonderful dogs. I would recommend a rescued dog for a companion. There are so many out there, many whom are very young, that people give up because they didn't realize how big they were going to be or how active. A good site is petfinder.com, they cover all over the US. Also, search on line for Great Dane Rescues and it will give listings for your area. Good luck!