How do I get my neighbors to stop letting their dogs into my yard to do its "business"?

I am constantly plagued with having neighborhood dogs coming into my yard and killing my lawn. Isn't there a law against letting dogs roam freely? I am NOT a dog-hater. I have one myself, but he is not allowed to roam wherever he wants in the…

How do I get my neighbors to stop letting their dogs into my yard to do its "business"?

I am constantly plagued with having neighborhood dogs coming into my yard and killing my lawn. Isn't there a law against letting dogs roam freely? I am NOT a dog-hater. I have one myself, but he is not allowed to roam wherever he wants in the…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I get my neighbors to stop letting their dogs into my yard to do its "business"?...

• Call your local township office and ask them.I wouldn't confront them. if you have a camcorder record it.even if you go to work, set it up inside in the window and record.this way you can identify the dogs and the proper authorities can talk to them or give them a warning.

• As an Animal Control employee, I know that most cities have leash law ordinances. If your neighbor's dog is constantly defecating in your yard, I would 1. Talk with them. They may not know this is occurring. 2. If that doesn't work, you may need to move to the next level-calling the "dog-catcher" or actually trapping the animal yourself. If you do trap them ON YOUR PROPERTY and they end up at Animal Control,the owners will have to pay fines to retrieve the animal. You should also be able to provide affidavits to your local Animal Control; this will greatly help your case. (Of course, check with your local Animal Control office to find out about the laws in your city/state.) Before you do anything though, I would try and speak with your neighbor; if they are responsible adults and pet owners, they will remedy this situation very quickly.

• ask politly,and if that doesnt help,get you a b-b gun,low powered,dont want to hurt it just scare.hey my neighbors dog used to bark alllllllllll nite long at everything,never got any sleep.now she only barks if a human is out side that she dosent know and thats a good thing.

• Is siple, i had the same problem and i gat tired of telling people to clean after the dog but it didn't work so i call police, why? because is the law, you have to clean after your pet don it!!!!!!!!!