How Do you stop a horse from cribbing?

Theres a horse i know who cribs really bad, any advice on how to stop it?

Theres a horse i know who cribs really bad, any advice on how to stop it?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How Do you stop a horse from cribbing?...

• How Do you stop a horse from cribbing?

How Do you stop a horse from cribbing? Other Pet Discussions
      Theres a horse i know who cribs really bad, any advice on how to stop it?

How Do you stop a horse from cribbing? Other Pet Discussions
    • The actual act of cribbing (windsucking) is that the horse inhales/ swallows/ gulps as he braces his teeth against the wood. For that reason, bitter apple or similar nasty tasting things wont' work. Some horsemen believe cribbing releases endorphins (feel good brain chemical), making the habit even harder to break. To effectively STOP cribbing, you need to stop the horse's ability to crib mechanically with a cribbing collar. Miracle collar works well, and is less restrictive than old fashioned single strap collars that can be easily over tightened. For wood chewers, bitter apple, cayenne pepper, No Wood Chew might work. Good luck.

• Cribbing is a bad habit. They make several types of collars that you put on the horse to stop them from doing it. You can also use a muzzle on them. They now make an electric shock collar for horses and that can be used but you have to watch the horse and shock them when they crib.Most people use a Miracle Collar and they work ok but it rubs the hair off the horses neck sometimes.It is a bad habit and very hard to break most end up using a collar or muzzle to conrol it some of the time.Good luck.