What is the best way to get your parents to buy you a guiena pig?

I already said I would take care of it and buy the food and supplies but it's not working and I need a plan.

I already said I would take care of it and buy the food and supplies but it's not working and I need a plan....
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best way to get your parents to buy you a guiena pig?...

• What is the best way to get your parents to buy you a guiena pig?

What is the best way to get your parents to buy you a guiena pig? Other Pet Discussions
      I already said I would take care of it and buy the food and supplies but it's not working and I need a plan.

What is the best way to get your parents to buy you a guiena pig? Other Pet Discussions
    • well you have to realize that its a rodent, and it smells VERY BAD, cute as they may be, i got one for my boys, and that thing was a handful, it requires constant attention, and affection, but you have to remember that with most rodents, they carry diseases.

• Take on more responsibility for the household chores. Do the dishes and such. When my parents saw me helping out and doing what needed to be done, I got what I wanted.Swiffer you are so wrong, NEVER suggest suicide to a young person.

• Start out by asking/whining for a much larger pet, then work your way down! Of course that only works if your parents aren't smart enough to see through your deceitful ways.... Yes.... coming up with a "plan" is part of deciet.

• Have you tried asking them nicely what it is they object to? Perhaps they don't think you will take care of it as you've promised. Talk to them in an adult way allowing them explain why and then they will better listen to what you say. You get more bees with honey so be sweet no matter how they answer.

• u probably would have to earn the guinea pig some how i just got two of them Thursday because i have chickens dogs a bird and a goat and I've kept up with all there needs and them one of our friends called and asked if we wanted to have a couple of guinea pigs and my mom said i could have them

• I was in the same situation once. What I did was read everything I could about guinea pigs. Then just tried to persuade my mom first and then my dad. Yes they can be stinky but just clean the cage about twice a week and youll be fine. I keep my guinea pig in a hutch with no wire on the bottem. just a pan type thingy. I got it at Coastal. And my dad and I built the hutch. But all I can say is read and study everything about guinea pigs, and do good in school. GOOD LUCK!!!

• They may just need to be reassured you will be responsible in taknig care of it. If there is a school pet you can take home for the summer to help show them, that may work. Also, save up the money ahead of time for all the costs so they know you will be responsible there, as well. Guinea pigs are sweet little pets. They do not bite like gerbils or hamsters, are pretty smart, and can be litter trained. If your parents are just against pets, you have an uphill battle. You may want to get a book on guinea pigs so you can find all the neat things about them and share them gradually with your parents.