What do I do in an enviroment full of Ravens and Mongoose?

Hello. I live in India and I am planning to have my Hen sit on some eggs. There are a lot of predators trying to catch the little chicks such as Ravens (or Crows...I don't know which one.), and Mongooses...How can I protect them? I don't want them to…

Hello. I live in India and I am planning to have my Hen sit on some eggs. There are a lot of predators trying to catch the little chicks such as Ravens (or Crows...I don't know which one.), and Mongooses...How can I protect them? I don't want them to…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What do I do in an enviroment full of Ravens and Mongoose?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What do I do in an enviroment full of Ravens and Mongoose?

What do I do in an enviroment full of Ravens and Mongoose? Other Pet Discussions
      Hello. I live in India and I am planning to have my Hen sit on some eggs. There are a lot of predators trying to catch the little chicks such as Ravens (or Crows...I don't know which one.), and Mongooses...How can I protect them? I don't want them to be locked up in a cage because I want them to walk around in land.Thanks if you helped. 10 points to anyone who has the best suggestion.

What do I do in an enviroment full of Ravens and Mongoose? Other Pet Discussions
    • sorry, but the cage is the only answer. a larger fenced in area would be good, but make sure that you bury the fence a foot into the ground so as to thwart predators. it also has to have a fence or other type of roof.good luck

• Your only option is to build a chicken fence enclosure which includes a fence roof. You'll have to secure the fencing all along the sides at the baseline to prevent mongoose, rodents, and other predators from simply digging under the fence. This may be accomplished by laying a concrete foundation along the perimeter. If you let your birds run free, there really is nothing you can do to protect them short of guarding them 24 hours a day.P.S. snakes are going to also be a problem, and for that you'll have to use a finer mesh screen.Source: childhood on the farm.

• Ravens/Crows will not bother them. Mongoose are natural hunters, and sadly they will go for the eggs. You really do need a cage environment to keep them safe.