What does it mean when a hamster sleeps on his back?

My hamster sleeps a lot. But every couple of days, I see him curled up on his back and I get really scared that he's dead. I try to flip him over and he just wakes up normally. What does it mean when a hamster sleeps on his back?Ok, fancy_rat-lover, If I…

My hamster sleeps a lot. But every couple of days, I see him curled up on his back and I get really scared that he's dead. I try to flip him over and he just wakes up normally. What does it mean when a hamster sleeps on his back?Ok, fancy_rat-lover, If I…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What does it mean when a hamster sleeps on his back?...

• What does it mean when a hamster sleeps on his back?

What does it mean when a hamster sleeps on his back? Other Pet Discussions
      My hamster sleeps a lot. But every couple of days, I see him curled up on his back and I get really scared that he's dead. I try to flip him over and he just wakes up normally. What does it mean when a hamster sleeps on his back?Ok, fancy_rat-lover, If I can flip him over and he wakes up, I'm pretty sure he's not dead.

What does it mean when a hamster sleeps on his back? Other Pet Discussions
    • Hi! Actually when hamsters sleep on their backs it's a good sign! It means he is very happy, secure, and content with you. My hamster Poppy sleeps like that quite often.The first time I saw her doing it, I was very concerned (even though I saw she was breathing normally). So, I researched it on the internet and found out that it means you have a happy and content hamster. One time my son and I LAUGHED our heads off, because we looked in on Poppy and she was on her back in her "bat cave" and eating a piece of corn. Talk about content. It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Unless, you have concerns about your hamster not breathing normally, changing in eating habits (not eating or drinking), then it's nothing to worry about.You just have a happy and content hamster. It just goes to show how every hamster has a unique personality! =)