How do i get my dog to jump onto the back of my truck?

I used to be able to pick him up and load him onto the truck but now he's gotten bigger and heavier that its a pain having to load him. I've tried teaching to jump on but he just wont. If anyone has any helpful tips on how i can teach him to jump up i…

I used to be able to pick him up and load him onto the truck but now he's gotten bigger and heavier that its a pain having to load him. I've tried teaching to jump on but he just wont. If anyone has any helpful tips on how i can teach him to jump up i…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do i get my dog to jump onto the back of my truck?...

• How do i get my dog to jump onto the back of my truck?

How do i get my dog to jump onto the back of my truck? Other Pet Discussions
      I used to be able to pick him up and load him onto the truck but now he's gotten bigger and heavier that its a pain having to load him. I've tried teaching to jump on but he just wont. If anyone has any helpful tips on how i can teach him to jump up i would appreciate it !! thanks.

How do i get my dog to jump onto the back of my truck? Other Pet Discussions
    • I had this problem with my boy dog. We would put his front paws up and then boost his butt up. Hurt the back a lot. Now what we do is go a little further from the car and let him get a running start. It took a couple of times but after some practice he now does not have problems. Also, one of us stood in the bed of the truck so we could praise him the minute he did make it up.

• to start with set up a small block in your garden or somewhere, get something he responds to well e.g food toys and encourage him to jump over the small object, when he does this associate this with a word (over). when he gets use to this use this for the truck but make sure you give him a good run up. it may take a little time but in the long run it'll be a lot less stressful! hope this helps!

• Stand in the back of the truck where you want your dog to go, let him know you want him to come to you, and most of the time he should.After a while, it shoud become second nature, atleast that's how it was with my dog.

• We used to have the same problem with our dog. she just couldn't get in! what we did, was we grabbed a treat, and stood a few feet back from the truck. we got a running start and jumped in. she'll learn to run and jump in when she sees you doing it. learn by doing.

• use your dogs favorite treat to entice him into the bed of the truck. show him that it is safe for him to jump into the truck on his own. if necessary provide him with a ramp of wood to walk up until he has learned to jump into the truck. sit on the tail gate and call him into the bed of the truck.

• Well you have to get your dog to associate getting in the truck with good things. Climb in the back and call him holding a treat, toy, bone, etc. If he doesn't come he might be afraid to jump. If that's the case, it's probably best to take a small step ladder and try to get him to climb that. Then, eventually, he should just ump up there on his own. Remember to reward him as soon as he gets in the truck. Good luck!