How to stop my chihuahua from eating on the carpet?

My chihuahua has a very annoying habit of taking food from her bowl and eating it on the living room carpet. She will take the food there, eat it, trot back to the kitchen to get another bite of food and then take it back to living room to eat it. Why…

My chihuahua has a very annoying habit of taking food from her bowl and eating it on the living room carpet. She will take the food there, eat it, trot back to the kitchen to get another bite of food and then take it back to living room to eat it. Why…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How to stop my chihuahua from eating on the carpet?...

• How to stop my chihuahua from eating on the carpet?

How to stop my chihuahua from eating on the carpet? Other Pet Discussions
      My chihuahua has a very annoying habit of taking food from her bowl and eating it on the living room carpet. She will take the food there, eat it, trot back to the kitchen to get another bite of food and then take it back to living room to eat it. Why can't she eat the food at the bowl like other dogs do? How can I stop her from doing this? There are food bits all over the carpet. When I yell at her about it she will drop the food and look pitiful. I tried to put a little fence around her and the food bowl but she will just sit there looking pitiful again for a very long time and not touch her food until I can't take it anymore and lift the fence. Then she will start to eat.

How to stop my chihuahua from eating on the carpet? Other Pet Discussions
    • spray a bitter apple spray on the spot she chews or every time u catch her chewin put her in her kennel and ignore her for 5 min then bring her out and play with her to a minimal or play with her and give her a job because she is probably bored

• Almost every chihuahua I know does this, including mine. I put a soft furry matt in front of his food bowl and he doesn't do it anymore. I wouldn't scold her for it...she doesn't know what you're trying to tell her.