My cat drinks only running tap water.How can I train her to drink from the bowl?

My cat likes to drink water from the running faucet. But I've NEVER seen her drink from her water bowls (and I have 2 for her - one next to her food bowl and another one in a corner where she likes to hang out).I'm worried that she doesn't drink enough…

My cat drinks only running tap water.How can I train her to drink from the bowl?

My cat likes to drink water from the running faucet. But I've NEVER seen her drink from her water bowls (and I have 2 for her - one next to her food bowl and another one in a corner where she likes to hang out).I'm worried that she doesn't drink enough…...
    Other Pet Discussions : My cat drinks only running tap water.How can I train her to drink from the bowl?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My cat is the same , but I let him edrink from the faucet. If you want your cat to stop doing this here is what you have to do . Show your cat the water and tell the cat it needs to drink from the bowl . The cat will probably walk away in disgust.... But then when she jumps up on the counter to drink from the faucet , don't let her drink from the faucet. She knows she has a bowl with water in it . So after a while she will get thirsty and want to have some water so she will use the bowl. Also make sure to wash the water bowl alot. My water bwol and a plastic ring around it and I just cleaned it recently and I found inside the plastic ring there was some mildew. I thought maybe my cat didn't like the smell of the mildew so thats why he wasn't drinking the water.

• a cat will drink form the faucet because it is constantly moving and fresh water. i would look into a cat fountain. eg. the cat it. most cats will refuse to drink from a bowl.

• Good luck in trying to get her to drink out of a bowl. My cat is 12 years old and has never drank out of a bowl. I tried I don't know how many times too. I'd put a bowl of water down for her. She wouldn't even as much as look at it. Instead, she would sit in the bathtub staring at the faucet waiting for water to come out. I had to give in and let her have her own way. I leave the faucet on a trickle all of the time. Saves me from having to fight with my cat to drink out of a bow. Hope this helps!