How sharp do farrier tools have to be, like the clippers?

I have a farrier, but i also own a set of clippers in case i need to use them in an emergency. They are realy dull though, are they supose to be that dull?

I have a farrier, but i also own a set of clippers in case i need to use them in an emergency. They are realy dull though, are they supose to be that dull?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How sharp do farrier tools have to be, like the clippers?...

• How sharp do farrier tools have to be, like the clippers?

How sharp do farrier tools have to be, like the clippers? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a farrier, but i also own a set of clippers in case i need to use them in an emergency. They are realy dull though, are they supose to be that dull?

How sharp do farrier tools have to be, like the clippers? Other Pet Discussions
    • WELL, IT IS EASIER WHEN THEY ARE SHARP, BUT IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCED IN DOING HORSES HOOVES, I WOULDNT RECOMMEND GETTING THEM TOO SHARP... CUZ THEN YOU COULD CUT TOO SHORT QUICKLY... AND THEY COULD CUT TOO SHORT VERY QUICKLY IF YOUR HORSE MOVES WHERE AS A DULL PAIR USUALLY WONT CUT AS EASILY... SO IN A SINCE IT IS SAFER...

• they dont need to be extremely sharp if you are good with a file. you can cut it and file it down to make it even. as long as it is able to cut the hooves, it dosent need to be razor sharp