How long will it take for a maltese to grow out of a puppy cut?

I recently adopted a female maltese from a shelter and she has a puppy cut. How long will it take her to grow out of it and get her hair to the full length it can get?

I recently adopted a female maltese from a shelter and she has a puppy cut. How long will it take her to grow out of it and get her hair to the full length it can get?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How long will it take for a maltese to grow out of a puppy cut?...

• How long will it take for a maltese to grow out of a puppy cut?

How long will it take for a maltese to grow out of a puppy cut? Other Pet Discussions
      I recently adopted a female maltese from a shelter and she has a puppy cut. How long will it take her to grow out of it and get her hair to the full length it can get?

How long will it take for a maltese to grow out of a puppy cut? Other Pet Discussions
    • It could take several months, but think long and had about why you would want to try to maintain a show coat on a pet Maltese. A puppy cut is much easier to groom, doesn't get nearly as many matts, can walk near a vacant lot without getting covered in stickers and weeds, can go to a dog park or just walk through a park without getting dirty, doesn't need to go to the groomer for a bath all the time...

• Well I don't really know because I have never owned a Maltese but i would say it could take a few weeks, because I had a puppy before and it had a puppy cut too and it only took her a few weeks to grow out of it, but since a Maltese has longer fur (that can grow to be 12 inches) then it might take a while longer. I'm not really sure, but maybe it will take a month or two. By the way here's some information on grooming your dog. you might find something here, it's a website all about Maltese dogs and puppies. Right now I'm giving you the page were it talks about grooming but you can just check out the rest of the website and see if you can find anything else to help you out with your new furry friend.Hope this helped! Good luck with your new puppy! ♥

• It takes much longer than a few months to grow a puppy cut to full length on a Maltese. A full length show coat is down to the floor. This will take a good 9 months to one year depending on how well you care for it. The grooming is very meticulous and time consuming. This also involves rolling the hair to avoid breakage.Please do ample research before deciding to go this route otherwise you may end up with a very matted Maltese.