Why do dogs stink when they come from the outdoors?

Even after I give my dog a bath, he comes in the house smelling real bad. Eventually the smell will go away in the air, but the odor sticks on him. What causes him to smell so much?

Even after I give my dog a bath, he comes in the house smelling real bad. Eventually the smell will go away in the air, but the odor sticks on him. What causes him to smell so much?...
    Other Pet Discussions : Why do dogs stink when they come from the outdoors?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why do dogs stink when they come from the outdoors?

Why do dogs stink when they come from the outdoors? Other Pet Discussions
      Even after I give my dog a bath, he comes in the house smelling real bad. Eventually the smell will go away in the air, but the odor sticks on him. What causes him to smell so much?

Why do dogs stink when they come from the outdoors? Other Pet Discussions
    • Dogs have an incredible sense of smell and while outside they may find something (poop) left behind by another animal and roll in it. They like to stink because it covers their scent so they are not detected by their prey. It is a natural instint to stink !! So giving the dog a bath might be nice for you but maybe he thinks you are making him smell bad.

• My dog has the habit of rolling in poop also. I have to watch him carefully when he is out so I can keep him from doing it. Also if it's hot out, some dogs will sweat and this makes them smell. Then again, there are certain breeds that have more of an odor than others to begin with. I know that some terriers have an unusual smell all of the time.