How do you deal with the sudden loss of a pet?

My cat Tammy was a 16 year old "Raggamuffin" Her breed was just introduced into the cat world about 11 years ago and I have had her 5 years prior to that. There will never be another one like her.If anyone subscribes to Cat Fancy magazine, I believe it…

My cat Tammy was a 16 year old "Raggamuffin" Her breed was just introduced into the cat world about 11 years ago and I have had her 5 years prior to that. There will never be another one like her.If anyone subscribes to Cat Fancy magazine, I believe it…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you deal with the sudden loss of a pet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you deal with the sudden loss of a pet?

How do you deal with the sudden loss of a pet? Other Pet Discussions
      My cat Tammy was a 16 year old "Raggamuffin" Her breed was just introduced into the cat world about 11 years ago and I have had her 5 years prior to that. There will never be another one like her.If anyone subscribes to Cat Fancy magazine, I believe it is January 2005 issue you will be able to see her picture. Tammy is the centerfold

How do you deal with the sudden loss of a pet? Other Pet Discussions
    • the hurt will heal sweetie give it time...you are allowed to be sad for as long as you need to. your so right there wont be another one like her, but you can love another in his or hers own special way. a different cat sure just another personality to love as much. im me trudalu77 at yahoo messenger i will show you pictures of my 33 lb. cat and my 3lb. dog and i would love to see pictures of your, as long as she is in your heart you will always have her. by the way my name is trudy.

• i understand it is really hard when you loose a loved pet. you just have to remember all the good times that you had together, iam sure you have photos. why not adopt a rescue cat, i no you cant replace raggamuffin, but having another cat might make you feel a bit better.

• It hurts like hell, but no amount of hurting will bring it back. So if you are still young and don't mind taking care of another cat, go get another kitten to love.

• It will take some time, but you'll feel better. Look up "The Rainbow Bridge", it's a poem about pet loss & it's beautiful. You can google it, it's easy to find. Hope you feel better soon.

• Dear Stratovarius:I'm so sorry about Tammy. I too am a cat owner, and it is never easy to lose a cherished friend.Do a web search for pet bereavement. I found a wonderful board at IVillage. The people there know what you are feeling (just as I do) and you can share your pain, and in turn, help others who are experiencing the same thing (it's great therapy). I got all of my cats around the same time, and I had 4 die in 3 years. I was devastated. Those kind, compassionate people really helped me through a bad time.Know my thoughts and heart are with you. Take care.

• if the body is still avaliable, take her pawprint onto a block of plaster-of-paris. this will provide a momentum-like object that you can hang to remind yourself of this beloved animal. You can grieve for a while, but if you dwell on the same feelings for too long, then you will become miserable. you should get another cat if you want to.I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that this info will help you.

• Time dear, time. We had our baby for shy of her 17th birthday, even bottle fed her since she was 3 weeks old. This hurts, just trust there is a place where cats go as they were given to us for love and a very long time from now you will see her again, give yourself time and ask God for some healing, he will provide. Here they offer Therapy for this kind of loss, free of charge. Talk to the vet and see if there is such an offering there. This can be devastating. God Bless.

• talk,talk,and remember. talk to anyone who is sympathetic, talk to family, and remember the happy and silly times. cry lots its ok your hurting. allow yourself the time to go through the 5 phases of grief. and never let anyone tell you your not doing it fast enough...everyone goes at their own speed

• The thing that helps best (for me, anyway) is to try and get on with your life. Don't try to forget her but keep going with your daily routines and if you ever need to have a cry, don't bottle it up. Just let your feelings out and remember the best about her.

• I know that it is hard to lose a pet. All I have to say is you are going to have to work though it the best you can. I lost a dog 3 years ago and every day I think about her. I mean I had her cream mated and I have her ashes here with me. I still can cry ever time I think about her. I think how ever long it takes you to get over your cat is up to you. You are going to be sad for a while but it does get easier as time passes. People always say go out and get another cat and I feel like you do there is NO replacing a pet.

• Continue to give the love you had for her...to two new kittens....they will give you back twice as much love and keep you so busy laughing you will heal the hurt with ove...best of luck