How can I prevent my dog from going under the bed?

My dog likes to go under the bed when there is lightning and thunder. I really don't like her to because she had back surgery in 2003, and I am afraid she will hurt it again. I have stuff under there already but she pushes her way through. Is there…

How can I prevent my dog from going under the bed?

My dog likes to go under the bed when there is lightning and thunder. I really don't like her to because she had back surgery in 2003, and I am afraid she will hurt it again. I have stuff under there already but she pushes her way through. Is there…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I prevent my dog from going under the bed?...

• When theres a storm comfort her and block the bed with card board or something. If she has a crate/kennel put her in there and she might stop doing that.

• You could try putting some thing heavy under your bed that she could not push to get under there or board up under your bed. When the lighting and thundering starts sit with her and talk to her.,reasure her. Take her mind of whats going on outside.Good luck

• Your dog is looking for a secure place to stay during the storm. They will usually choose a confined area that is relatively dark, so provide the dog with an alternative area to feel secure, close to the bed since this her area of choice. Give her a small, just big enough to get into & turn around, crate & cover it with a towel or blanket to provide darkness. When you see the nervousness begin, lead her to the crate & put her in, then close the gate. After a few times she will learn that this is a safe place to hide & it is her special place to go. She'll go to it on her own to seek refuge from the storm. You might, also try a flower essence formula specifically for fear of storms. They can be very effective and are not at all expensive.