Is there a way to tell the difference between male and female panchaxes?

I got two about 3 weeks ago at wal-mart and they were labeled "blue and gold panchax" and am just wondering how to tell if they are male or female.

I got two about 3 weeks ago at wal-mart and they were labeled "blue and gold panchax" and am just wondering how to tell if they are male or female....
    Other Pet Discussions : Is there a way to tell the difference between male and female panchaxes?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there a way to tell the difference between male and female panchaxes?

Is there a way to tell the difference between male and female panchaxes? Other Pet Discussions
      I got two about 3 weeks ago at wal-mart and they were labeled "blue and gold panchax" and am just wondering how to tell if they are male or female.

Is there a way to tell the difference between male and female panchaxes? Other Pet Discussions
    • As juveniles, these fish are impossible to sex. However as they develop, the males will get strong coloration in their tails while the females tails will be clear or lightly tinted. Males will also have extended fins.

• The adults are easier to tell the sexes apart.The ocellated black spot in the dorsal of juvenile and female ,although a diffuse dusky blotch is present in some females.(Basal dorsal-fin spot absent in males, variably present in females.)Raised dorsolateral scales on the body of male and they don't have the spot like the females.