We just adopted a beautiful cat from the spca. She is 8 years old . She has a very saggy stomach?

she also sneezed a couple times when she came home (like 7 sneezes in a row) 2 seperate times , as well she has dandruff in her coat . Any recommendations.She has a free vet visit so we will go in the next couple days She has had her recent shots…

We just adopted a beautiful cat from the spca. She is 8 years old . She has a very saggy stomach?

she also sneezed a couple times when she came home (like 7 sneezes in a row) 2 seperate times , as well she has dandruff in her coat . Any recommendations.She has a free vet visit so we will go in the next couple days She has had her recent shots…...
    Other Pet Discussions : We just adopted a beautiful cat from the spca. She is 8 years old . She has a very saggy stomach?...

• We just adopted a beautiful cat from the spca. She is 8 years old . She has a very saggy stomach?

We just adopted a beautiful cat from the spca. She is 8 years old . She has a very saggy stomach? Other Pet Discussions
      she also sneezed a couple times when she came home (like 7 sneezes in a row) 2 seperate times , as well she has dandruff in her coat . Any recommendations.She has a free vet visit so we will go in the next couple days She has had her recent shots etc..thanks

We just adopted a beautiful cat from the spca. She is 8 years old . She has a very saggy stomach? Other Pet Discussions
    • it could be something in your house, or allergies, or even a slight upper respiratory infection from the sPCA. as long as you get her to the vet in the next few days things should be fine. Her saggy stomach is from being spayed and/or her fat pads if she's a little over weight.

• I'm not sure about the saggy stomach--it could be that your cat was pregnant in the past and that it's excess from the pregnancy, or it's just getting that way as she gets older. The vet will probably answer all of these questions when you get her checked out.As for the sneezing, she might be getting used to the new smells and dust in your home and unless it continues I wouldn't worry about it too much. The dandruff could be from dry skin and your vet can refer you to food that can help it go away.

• The saggy stomache is actually quite common in cats (mostly in fixed cats)As for the sneezing, if it doesn't happen too often it should be ok. She may have just gotten dust in her nose. She should be fine until you take her to her check-up.Good luck and have fun with your new kitty!

• I'm definitely no expert, but after my cat's pregnancy she had a very saggy stomach, so it could be that your cat has had kittens before. About the sneezing, I'm not sure. I think you should definitely take her to the vet, just to be sure.

• Her belly is probably saggy from being spayed. A couple of my cats sneeze all the time and nothing is wrong with them. I really doubt the spca would have let you take her if there was anything wrong with her.