My 7 week old kitten is losing A LOT of fur..?

My female kitten is 7 weeks old and about two weeks ago i noticed she was loosing hair behind her ears.. Now she has no fur behind her ears, on her neck,stomach,armpits & she now has a patch on her back. Im extremely worried about her, i am taking her…

My female kitten is 7 weeks old and about two weeks ago i noticed she was loosing hair behind her ears.. Now she has no fur behind her ears, on her neck,stomach,armpits & she now has a patch on her back. Im extremely worried about her, i am taking her…...
    Other Pet Discussions : My 7 week old kitten is losing A LOT of fur..?...

• My 7 week old kitten is losing A LOT of fur..?

My 7 week old kitten is losing A LOT of fur..? Other Pet Discussions
      My female kitten is 7 weeks old and about two weeks ago i noticed she was loosing hair behind her ears.. Now she has no fur behind her ears, on her neck,stomach,armpits & she now has a patch on her back. Im extremely worried about her, i am taking her to the vet as soon as they open. Do anyone know what could be the cause??

My 7 week old kitten is losing A LOT of fur..? Other Pet Discussions
    • I do not know the cause of the loss of fur but my old cat also suffered from the same thing, his entire belly was covered in bald patches and he was loosing hair all over and had dry skin in some places. my sister put vegetable oil in some spots to moisturize his skin, I don't remember if the vet ever helped us, he ran away so maybe that happened before we were able to bring him in.just know that it can't be totally unusual if my cat went through the same thing.here's an article that might help: http://voices.yahoo.com/reasons-why-cat-might-losing-fur-10154735.html?cat=53

• Skin disease or mange. WHY do you even have an underage kitten - this kitten is NOT weaned nor is it ready to leave home for at least another 3-5 weeks. Its probably sick from the mother or something. Its not normal.