My cat has a firm belly, what could it be?

She weighed about 7 pounds - small build. Recently I have noticed that her belly is firm - she doesn't show any pain when her stomach is push on - she seems to be eating normally and using the bathroom regularly too. Right now we can't visit the vet so…

She weighed about 7 pounds - small build. Recently I have noticed that her belly is firm - she doesn't show any pain when her stomach is push on - she seems to be eating normally and using the bathroom regularly too. Right now we can't visit the vet so…...
    Other Pet Discussions : My cat has a firm belly, what could it be?...

• My cat has a firm belly, what could it be?

My cat has a firm belly, what could it be? Other Pet Discussions
      She weighed about 7 pounds - small build. Recently I have noticed that her belly is firm - she doesn't show any pain when her stomach is push on - she seems to be eating normally and using the bathroom regularly too. Right now we can't visit the vet so any ideas on what is causing this?Alright so I felt her belly and I didn't feel any little balls inside. It may be worms since I can push on her belly and she doesn't react

My cat has a firm belly, what could it be? Other Pet Discussions
    • She could be pregnant, also sometimes cats get bad hair balls and this can happen, not to alarm you but i know that a firm belly can mean internal bleeding although if your cat has not experienced any trauma this is highly unlikely, If this persist you should take her in if for anything peace of mind

• At seven pounds Im guessing he/she is young. Most likely worms, however if its a female over six months she may be pregnant. If she keeps getting bigger and the hair around her nipples falls out she is pregnant. If its worms its worth it to bring he/she to the vets the stuff you buy in the pet store doesn't cover many types of worms. Tapeworms will look like flat pieces of rice around its butt. You can't see pin or hook so saying I don't see anything means nothing.

• How old is your cat? is she spayed? does she have access to male cats? because if she is over 6 months old and is not spayed and has access to outside, she could be pregnant. If her nipples are a bright pink and are enlarged than you have got a pregnant kitty, and will have a litter of kittens in a few weeks. Cats are pregnant for 9 weeks or 63 days, and can have up to 8 kittens in a litter. Another way to tell if she is pregnant is push gently on her abdomen and feel around and if you feel small ball shapes in her belly then she is pregnant. Hope I helped