Can cats get malnourished?

My boyfriend found a kitten, who seems healthy aside from her stomach. Her stomach is rock hard and bloated. Is this just a sign of malnourishment?

My boyfriend found a kitten, who seems healthy aside from her stomach. Her stomach is rock hard and bloated. Is this just a sign of malnourishment?...
    Other Pet Discussions : Can cats get malnourished?...

• Can cats get malnourished?

Can cats get malnourished? Other Pet Discussions
      My boyfriend found a kitten, who seems healthy aside from her stomach. Her stomach is rock hard and bloated. Is this just a sign of malnourishment?

Can cats get malnourished? Other Pet Discussions
    • Distended abdomen is generally a sign of parasitic infection ( worms) in young animals. You need to get her to the vet with a fresh stool sample, (less than 24 hours old) The vet can do a fecal test to see what parasites she has and possibly, if she is in good health, start on her vaccines.

• Rock hard and bloated? She might have a parasite (like worms). Please get her to a vet ASAP.And yes, cats can be malnourished. If it's a stray kitten, it can happen.Get the cat to a vet pronto. She can be otherwise happy and healthy but, if there's something wrong with her, things can get worse fast. (And it will cost your more later if you put it off... on top of the fact that she will have been suffering)

• Kelly is right, that's exactly what I did for my 3.5 week old kitten who was found emaciated and full of parasites. Having a bloated tummy is a symptom of worms so bring the most recent stool sample to ge tested. This way the vet will know the best course of action to take with your kitten. You need that kitten vaccinated as well so ensure that your kitten receives all it's required shots. When age appropriate, please have your kitten spayed/neutered and keep your furry bundle of joy strictly indoors so it lives a long healthy and happy life.