Cat meowing in pain when I pick him up?

he makes a weird growl like hes in pain. i tried poking around him to see where the pain was, but he just makes the growl randomly and i cant tell where.. i think it might be his leg or his stomachhe seems very active and playful other than that though..

he makes a weird growl like hes in pain. i tried poking around him to see where the pain was, but he just makes the growl randomly and i cant tell where.. i think it might be his leg or his stomachhe seems very active and playful other than that though.....
    Other Pet Discussions : Cat meowing in pain when I pick him up?...

• Cat meowing in pain when I pick him up?

Cat meowing in pain when I pick him up? Other Pet Discussions
      he makes a weird growl like hes in pain. i tried poking around him to see where the pain was, but he just makes the growl randomly and i cant tell where.. i think it might be his leg or his stomachhe seems very active and playful other than that though..

Cat meowing in pain when I pick him up? Other Pet Discussions
    • Could be he simply doesn't like being picked up, my cat is very affectionate and playful but he complains furiously when I pick him up. You should talk to your vet about it though if you feel like it's not normal for him.

• Since you are concerned enough to ask about it, then it is time to take him to the vet to have him checked out throroughly.Me… kittyslave23… I know my place.

• If this is something new he's doing then it could be something vet-worthy, especially if it's got you concerned. I would say wait a little while and see if he's just a bit moody. Is he eating right? Is he still active or has he gotten lethargic? If he's got his appetite and bowel movements and he's still active, he sounds ok. How old is he? Could he be in heat? If he doesn't calm down soon and you're concerned, I would take him to the vet.