Boiled or raw chicken? What is better for cats?

Some say raw some say boiled. I'm confused.. Which is better?Of course I'm not only feeding them chicken..

Some say raw some say boiled. I'm confused.. Which is better?Of course I'm not only feeding them chicken.....
    Other Pet Discussions : Boiled or raw chicken? What is better for cats?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Boiled or raw chicken? What is better for cats?

Boiled or raw chicken? What is better for cats? Other Pet Discussions
      Some say raw some say boiled. I'm confused.. Which is better?Of course I'm not only feeding them chicken..

Boiled or raw chicken? What is better for cats? Other Pet Discussions
    • Please look into feeding an all-raw diet. The below is aimed at dogs but the same applies to cats/cat food as well:Some are concerned about bacteria and parasites in raw, but the stomachs of dogs are highly acidic, able to liquefy raw meat/bones. Canines are designed to handle parasites and large amounts of unhealthy bacteria, including E. coli and Salmonella. Raw fed dogs will have a strong immune system able to handle any viral, bacterial, or parasitic infection. Dog food decreases the acidity of your dogs' digestive system, so mixing dog food and raw meat is often a bad idea. Also, feeding raw bones is critical. They can't be cooked because cooked bones can splinter and cause injury/death. Raw bones are much more pliable and easily digested. Many vets recommend a kibble-based diet despite the inadequate nutritional value.. A small reason for this is that they can earn about 20% of their revenue from pet food sales and manufacturer kickbacks. The main reason, however, is because they receive about 2 weeks worth of training on animal nutrition, and guess who the teacher is? A representative from a pet food manufacturer. The pet food industry earns over $17 billion annually in the US. Huge profit margins are gained by use of the cheapest ingredients possible. A major ingredient in dog food is grain, such as corn, wheat, or soy. These are indigestible to dogs. They are literally the floor scrapings from mills that process these grains for human food. They can even include cardboard. This causes large, bulky stools, or at it's worst, causes bloat, diabetes, bowel problems, etc. Vitamins and minerals are added because they have been cooked out of dog food. Other ingredients are artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. Colors are added to make it look good to us, but unfortunately they may be toxic and lead to kidney/liver problems and cancer. Compare the ingredients of a low quality dog food to a high quality dog food. The first ingredient may be some variety of meat. Maybe it's actually "meat" or "meat meal". "Meat" is a protein source that comes from rendering plants that process slaughter house leftovers, road kill, and dead animals from animal shelters and vet offices. They then sell the material to livestock feed and pet food manufacturers. Not only is it unbearable to think of our dogs as cannibals, bear in mind that the soduim pentobarbital used in euthanization is not eliminated in the rendering process. Today the pet food industry earns billions, yet faces countless lawsuits from owners who's animals were made sick/killed by their products.Also more info on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dog+food+truth&oq=dog+food+truth&gs_l=youtube.3..0l3.806.7052.0.7199.25.19.4.0.0.0.351.2402.7j8j2j1.18.0...0.0...1ac.1.Bia1siSf85k

• I don't know if you mean this as a treat or as all of its food, But if its raw it should definately be organic, If its for a treat just a grilled chicken breast with no seasonings or anything on it would be fine :)Also, As someone else said Cat food is perfectly fine too feed a cat but I would like to add something, Cat food is fine as long as its high quality cat food, Not friskies or purina or any of that crap, I'm talking Innova, Blue Buffalo or Soulistic

• I started my cats on raw by cooking the chicken first and then only half cooking it. They eat raw now which is better for them as long as you are also giving them the proper vitamins. We feed raw chicken/beef mixed with Kitty Bloom vitamin powder. They also get dry and canned foods.