Swollen cat stomach.. But not pregnant?

I found my cat, Noel, a few years back when she came to our farm and hid in the garage for shelter. Recently her stomach has just gotten bigger and bigger, yet she can't be pregnant as she hasn't been with a male cat and stays i doors. She's still got a…

I found my cat, Noel, a few years back when she came to our farm and hid in the garage for shelter. Recently her stomach has just gotten bigger and bigger, yet she can't be pregnant as she hasn't been with a male cat and stays i doors. She's still got a…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Swollen cat stomach.. But not pregnant?...

• Swollen cat stomach.. But not pregnant?

Swollen cat stomach.. But not pregnant? Other Pet Discussions
      I found my cat, Noel, a few years back when she came to our farm and hid in the garage for shelter. Recently her stomach has just gotten bigger and bigger, yet she can't be pregnant as she hasn't been with a male cat and stays i doors. She's still got a big appetite, in fact its increased. And her affection has increased too.. She's always been a shy timid cat, now she crys at bedroom doors to get in and will demand your attention when on the couch. She isn't just gaining weight.. Its her abdonamin and its swollen. Everyone thinks she pregnant, and i would think so too if i wasnt positive that she hasnt been around a male cat. Can anyone shed some light in this ?

Swollen cat stomach.. But not pregnant? Other Pet Discussions
    • Please get this cat in for a checkup - what you're describing is fluid in the abdomen, which can be caused by a heart problem or cancer or several other things. Without knowing what's behind it as a base cause you can't treat it. Not only is your cat's weight gain not normal, it's probalby a sign that the problem she's got is getting pretty advanced and needs to be treated fast or you'll lose her.