After when you Spay a Dog How long will you have to home with your dog?

well my godmother has a Female dog and she told me that when she Spayed her dog she said they will complain A LOT and that you have to STAY home with them ( DONT LEAVE YPUR DOG BY ITSELF ) and its true what are your opinonS?

well my godmother has a Female dog and she told me that when she Spayed her dog she said they will complain A LOT and that you have to STAY home with them ( DONT LEAVE YPUR DOG BY ITSELF ) and its true what are your opinonS?...
    General Dog Discussions : After when you Spay a Dog How long will you have to home with your dog?...

• After when you Spay a Dog How long will you have to home with your dog?

After when you Spay a Dog How long will you have to home with your dog? General Dog Discussions
      well my godmother has a Female dog and she told me that when she Spayed her dog she said they will complain A LOT and that you have to STAY home with them ( DONT LEAVE YPUR DOG BY ITSELF ) and its true what are your opinonS?

After when you Spay a Dog How long will you have to home with your dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Hopefully, your vet will keep the dog overnight to make sure she is confined after her surgery. After she comes home, it would be a good idea for you to stay with her for a day. Monitor her to make sure she is not licking at her incision (otherwise you will need an e-collar) and keep her confined (especially when you aren't there to watch her) so that she doesn't strain herself or mess up her incision. As for complaining, make sure that your vet prescribes some pain medicine and keep her confined to keep her pain to a minimum.

• Generally, if they come home the same day as the spay, you should probably keep an eye on them. After that just making sure they are confined (I prefer a crate) any time you are not home for the next week or so is a good idea.Dogs recover amazingly well from sterilization - especially if they are relatively young and healthy otherwise.

• The vet used internal stitches on our lab at 6 months. I put a shirt on her and kept her inside. Th vet said to keep her clean and dry for a week. The stitches dissolved and she was fine. The vet gave some pain pills for her to take twice a day for several days. First day or two she cried but soon back to normal play. .