How can I treat my puppy he has a very puffed up and swollen ear?

This morning I saw my puppy and his ear was very swollen and sore, I'm not sure what to doI cant get to a vet and I need some natural remedies to bring down the swelling In the mean time???I have tried Vinegar but not working'' I'm very worried!!!

This morning I saw my puppy and his ear was very swollen and sore, I'm not sure what to doI cant get to a vet and I need some natural remedies to bring down the swelling In the mean time???I have tried Vinegar but not working'' I'm very worried!!!...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I treat my puppy he has a very puffed up and swollen ear?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I treat my puppy he has a very puffed up and swollen ear?

How can I treat my puppy he has a very puffed up and swollen ear? General Dog Discussions
      This morning I saw my puppy and his ear was very swollen and sore, I'm not sure what to doI cant get to a vet and I need some natural remedies to bring down the swelling In the mean time???I have tried Vinegar but not working'' I'm very worried!!!

How can I treat my puppy he has a very puffed up and swollen ear? General Dog Discussions
    • What your dog has isH ematomas are a common ailment in dogs. An ear hematoma is a swelling of the ear flaps on a dog's ear. The exact cause of ear hematomas is not known, but it is believed to be linked to the flapping of a dog's ears. Ear hematomas are caused by ruptured blood vessels inside the tissue of the ear. In some cases, the hematoma will clear up by itself, but in other cases, it can cause severe problems such as "cauliflower" ears or closing of the ear canal. There are several treatment options for ear hematomas. One option is aspiration, which involves the removal of the fluid with a syringe. This is not a long-term option, but does work for a short time. The second option, and the most recommended, is surgery. During surgery, an incision is made in the affected area and the fluid is drained. Sutures are used to seal the incision and prevent the refilling of the flap with fluid. Other options are available, but require more invasive procedures. Another option is to bring a pot of water to boil, pour in enough sea salt to make the concoction very salty, then apply a rag soaked in the solution onto the swollen ear flap every hour for about 15 minutes. Do this for several days and the swelling will go down. Do not be surprised to see little pricks of blood trickling out of the swollen ear flap.hope this helped:)

• He was probably bitten by a bug or stung by a bee and he's having an allergic reaction. You can give him a small dose of Benadryl (1mg per pound of weight) wrapped in some cheese. Keep a close eye on him and if it's an allergic reaction, you should see the swelling go down.Most Benadryl pills come in 25mg pills, so if your pup weighs 12 pounds, you'd give him half the pill. It's okay if you give him a little more than he needs, just be careful.