What should I do If my dog's stitches/incision area from getting spayed are infected?

Female dog got spayed last week, she's due for stitches to be removed in 2 days. Her incision on her stomach is swollen all of a sudden and looks dirty and infected. What can I do at home to help it? Can I put something on it or no?

What should I do If my dog's stitches/incision area from getting spayed are infected?

Female dog got spayed last week, she's due for stitches to be removed in 2 days. Her incision on her stomach is swollen all of a sudden and looks dirty and infected. What can I do at home to help it? Can I put something on it or no?...
    General Dog Discussions : What should I do If my dog's stitches/incision area from getting spayed are infected?...

• What should I do If my dog's stitches/incision area from getting spayed are infected?

What should I do If my dog's stitches/incision area from getting spayed are infected? General Dog Discussions
      Female dog got spayed last week, she's due for stitches to be removed in 2 days. Her incision on her stomach is swollen all of a sudden and looks dirty and infected. What can I do at home to help it? Can I put something on it or no?

What should I do If my dog's stitches/incision area from getting spayed are infected? General Dog Discussions
    • First thing's first. You should at least try to clean the infected area as gently as possible, don't remove the stitches or anything like that. Wait 24 hours, if the incision still seems infected and your dog appears to be feeling pain, you should take her to the vet immediately!