How is a dog hernia scar supposed to look?

My 9 month old shih tzu puppy had his hernia (he was born with it) repaired about 2 weeks ago. is it normal that the scar looks like a bulge in his skin. its about a marble size. his stitches are fine and doesnt seem to be in pain, except if he bumps it…

My 9 month old shih tzu puppy had his hernia (he was born with it) repaired about 2 weeks ago. is it normal that the scar looks like a bulge in his skin. its about a marble size. his stitches are fine and doesnt seem to be in pain, except if he bumps it…...
    General Dog Discussions : How is a dog hernia scar supposed to look?...

• How is a dog hernia scar supposed to look?

How is a dog hernia scar supposed to look? General Dog Discussions
      My 9 month old shih tzu puppy had his hernia (he was born with it) repaired about 2 weeks ago. is it normal that the scar looks like a bulge in his skin. its about a marble size. his stitches are fine and doesnt seem to be in pain, except if he bumps it too hard, but im just wondering if its okay to have his scar look like that.

How is a dog hernia scar supposed to look? General Dog Discussions
    • Check w/ your vet, of course, but there can be considerable swelling like that after. If you see any discharge, super redness or a foul smell from the incision or the swelling keeps getting bigger, take him back to the vet for sure. The swelling will go down eventually, be patient. I think having a chat w/ your vet might make you feel better as it's always best to get your advice from him/her & not the net.