My dog has a round ball on his neck he never had it before?

My dog has a round ball on his neck he never had it before?he is 3 year old Retriever. we just took him to the vet because he did not drink his water and he did not eat. the vet gave us medication because he has/ has kennel cough. she took x rays nothing…

My dog has a round ball on his neck he never had it before?he is 3 year old Retriever. we just took him to the vet because he did not drink his water and he did not eat. the vet gave us medication because he has/ has kennel cough. she took x rays nothing…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has a round ball on his neck he never had it before?...

• My dog has a round ball on his neck he never had it before?

My dog has a round ball on his neck he never had it before? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has a round ball on his neck he never had it before?he is 3 year old Retriever. we just took him to the vet because he did not drink his water and he did not eat. the vet gave us medication because he has/ has kennel cough. she took x rays nothing was wrong. what should i do is a tumor or something please someone help

My dog has a round ball on his neck he never had it before? General Dog Discussions
    • well the vet is the only one who knows what the lump is they can do a fine needle aspirate to determine what kind of lump it is, and if it is harmless vets will generally leave it alone because there are a lot of arteries and nerves around the neck.

• Dont panic, my dog was 14 and he had a bump on his chest the size of a baseball! i took him to the vet and she said shes seen dogs with a lot of these at most 15 bumps! she tested it for cancerous cells and found nothing. she said theyre just fatty tumors. she said its common for dogs to get these!

• First, was the dog just at the vet and is he still on medication? If so, he may have an infection which has caused a lymph node in his neck to swell. The antibiotics should help this. If it has been a while since the vet visit and you have finished your medication, please take your dog back to the vet. Swollen lymph nodes can be a cancer--lymphoma. Nodes do swell when the body is fighting infection. Good luck.