Could my dog be alergic to feathers?

I've put up a few posts trying to figure out what is causing my 16 month old Shih Tzu to lick and smack her mouth all night, have a bit of a stuffy nose, breathe different, snore...We though it was her acid reflux but it doesn't seem to be that.I'm…

I've put up a few posts trying to figure out what is causing my 16 month old Shih Tzu to lick and smack her mouth all night, have a bit of a stuffy nose, breathe different, snore...We though it was her acid reflux but it doesn't seem to be that.I'm…...
    General Dog Discussions : Could my dog be alergic to feathers?...

• Could my dog be alergic to feathers?

Could my dog be alergic to feathers? General Dog Discussions
      I've put up a few posts trying to figure out what is causing my 16 month old Shih Tzu to lick and smack her mouth all night, have a bit of a stuffy nose, breathe different, snore...We though it was her acid reflux but it doesn't seem to be that.I'm wondering if it could be allergies? Just recently she has been sleeping on pillows next to our bed. I'm wondering if she could be allergic to the feathers in the pillow? Once she gets up she goes back to normal. This only happens at night.Anybody seen this before?

Could my dog be alergic to feathers? General Dog Discussions
    • I guess it's possible.But, having had my own share of sinus problems, it could still be an allergy to something else. When you lay down, the sinuses don't drain as well. what drainage does go on goes straight to an empty stomach, and that can cause stomach upset. So, you might see if the vet will do allergy testing on her. The only way to do so one dogs, though, is with blood work- which isn't always accurate, but it might be a start.