What should one do about a dog with severe anxiety?

My cousin rescued a dog which came from a domestic violence home about a year ago. Her little dog is constantly stressed out and continuously drags her pillow (the size humans use) out of her bed and tears the doubled pillow cases to shreds. This little…

My cousin rescued a dog which came from a domestic violence home about a year ago. Her little dog is constantly stressed out and continuously drags her pillow (the size humans use) out of her bed and tears the doubled pillow cases to shreds. This little…...
    General Dog Discussions : What should one do about a dog with severe anxiety?...

• What should one do about a dog with severe anxiety?

What should one do about a dog with severe anxiety? General Dog Discussions
      My cousin rescued a dog which came from a domestic violence home about a year ago. Her little dog is constantly stressed out and continuously drags her pillow (the size humans use) out of her bed and tears the doubled pillow cases to shreds. This little dog refuses to play with toys, even chew toys. What should my cousin do to help curtail this anxiety other than continue to give her love and the best of care?

What should one do about a dog with severe anxiety? General Dog Discussions
    • dont give her the pillow and when she is looking for something to tear try and distract her with a fun game or give her a kong filled with treats that will take her a while to get out. my friend puts frozen yoghurt in the kong for her dog. you can also use rescue remedy drops that you can put on her tongue to calm her down also make sure her walks are long enough so that she is tired also the vet can give her something to calm her but maybe you dont want to do that.