How can I help with my dog's dry skin around his eye?

I have a cocker spaniel pug mix that is 1 year old. His skin around his eyes (especially the left) is dry and the hair has fallen out where his tears drain. It is not flaky or peeling. I took him to the vet and he said it's just like when white dogs…

I have a cocker spaniel pug mix that is 1 year old. His skin around his eyes (especially the left) is dry and the hair has fallen out where his tears drain. It is not flaky or peeling. I took him to the vet and he said it's just like when white dogs…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I help with my dog's dry skin around his eye?...

• How can I help with my dog's dry skin around his eye?

How can I help with my dog's dry skin around his eye? General Dog Discussions
      I have a cocker spaniel pug mix that is 1 year old. His skin around his eyes (especially the left) is dry and the hair has fallen out where his tears drain. It is not flaky or peeling. I took him to the vet and he said it's just like when white dogs have brown stains from tears and to use an over the counter rinse. I've been doing that but it doesn't seem to help. Is there any kind of cream or ointment I could use to help his skin?

How can I help with my dog's dry skin around his eye? General Dog Discussions
    • You have to be very careful about putting anything around the eye.... but there is a good product called aloe hydrating mist. Something like paw balm may help as well as long as you are VERY careful about how you put it on.