How can you tell how old a dog is?

I know you can look at their teeth, but what about their teeth tells you the age? and obviously really old dogs start getting gray hairs on muzzle and toes. Is there any better ways?

I know you can look at their teeth, but what about their teeth tells you the age? and obviously really old dogs start getting gray hairs on muzzle and toes. Is there any better ways?...
    General Dog Discussions : How can you tell how old a dog is?...

• How can you tell how old a dog is?

How can you tell how old a dog is? General Dog Discussions
      I know you can look at their teeth, but what about their teeth tells you the age? and obviously really old dogs start getting gray hairs on muzzle and toes. Is there any better ways?

How can you tell how old a dog is? General Dog Discussions
    • Once I picked up a dog that I found, and I brought him to the vet. The only thing that the vet checked on the dog to find his age was his teeth and gums, so I don't think that there's really any other way. If there were, the vet would have checked it.

• Usually the vet will look at the teeth to see the wear on them as well as the color of them. If they have a lot of tarter or stains, the dog is probably an older dog. Your vet should be able to help you get an estimate on your pets age.