My dogs skin beneath the eye is a bit irritated?

Ok, so i have a poodle if that helps, but i may have scrub a bit to hard under the eye, where her tears are, and now its a bit irritated, well its been irritated and im guessing its not healing because it keeps getting wet with her tears, is there…

Ok, so i have a poodle if that helps, but i may have scrub a bit to hard under the eye, where her tears are, and now its a bit irritated, well its been irritated and im guessing its not healing because it keeps getting wet with her tears, is there…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dogs skin beneath the eye is a bit irritated?...

• My dogs skin beneath the eye is a bit irritated?

My dogs skin beneath the eye is a bit irritated? General Dog Discussions
      Ok, so i have a poodle if that helps, but i may have scrub a bit to hard under the eye, where her tears are, and now its a bit irritated, well its been irritated and im guessing its not healing because it keeps getting wet with her tears, is there anything i can do to heal that part of her eye! Someone told me to just clean it with warm water for the next few days, that that should help the irritation, is there any other suggestions, like home remedies?

My dogs skin beneath the eye is a bit irritated? General Dog Discussions
    • What you can do to help depends on what area it is in. If it is very, very close to her eyeball or tear duct, I wouldn't risk putting any cream or substance on it without the vet's recommendation - you can dab it with warm water though, like you said. That will help her feel better. If it is further away (at least an inch, to be safe) from her eyeball, you can think about using soothing creams like A&D to promote healing or Bacitracin Zinc to prevent infection. You said you scrubbed too hard - if this is what caused it, I don't think it's anything too serious, maybe a little like rugburn and will heal up in a few days. If you notice any hairloss or bright redness or discharge, this is a sign it may be infected and she might need to see a vet.You know what, I just thought of something you could use even if it's close to her eye - pure vitamin E oil. It's great for healing irritated area (I use it on scars and chapped lips) just be sure not to drip it into her eye. You can get some vitamin E at any dollar store for cheap and just squeeze it out of the pill.