what can i used to remove very sticky tape that wont come off?

my dog got its front dew claw caught of my couch and the vet had to completely remove it without meds. and they put a bandage on it with very sticky surgical tape..i got most of the tape off but there is some still stuck to her fur is there anything that…

my dog got its front dew claw caught of my couch and the vet had to completely remove it without meds. and they put a bandage on it with very sticky surgical tape..i got most of the tape off but there is some still stuck to her fur is there anything that…...
    General Dog Discussions : what can i used to remove very sticky tape that wont come off?...

• what can i used to remove very sticky tape that wont come off?

what can i used to remove very sticky tape that wont come off? General Dog Discussions
      my dog got its front dew claw caught of my couch and the vet had to completely remove it without meds. and they put a bandage on it with very sticky surgical tape..i got most of the tape off but there is some still stuck to her fur is there anything that will help the tape to come off with out hurting her wound?

what can i used to remove very sticky tape that wont come off? General Dog Discussions
    • Mineral oil is probably your best bet - from this site http://www.practical-pet-care.com/archive.php?2007061721392534 make sure you wash to remove the residue as mineral oil can act as a laxative if licked off by the cat.