Is it possible for a dog to get a scab on it's back and dry skin from tapeworms?

I adopted a puppy from a rescue, she had tapes and fleas. Got rid of both. Now my 8 month old Golden has the hot spot on her back, dry skin is scooting her butt and I noticed the rice grain looking thing in her poop. I already have a vet appointment…

Is it possible for a dog to get a scab on it's back and dry skin from tapeworms?

I adopted a puppy from a rescue, she had tapes and fleas. Got rid of both. Now my 8 month old Golden has the hot spot on her back, dry skin is scooting her butt and I noticed the rice grain looking thing in her poop. I already have a vet appointment…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it possible for a dog to get a scab on it's back and dry skin from tapeworms?...

• Is it possible for a dog to get a scab on it's back and dry skin from tapeworms?

Is it possible for a dog to get a scab on it's back and dry skin from tapeworms? General Dog Discussions
      I adopted a puppy from a rescue, she had tapes and fleas. Got rid of both. Now my 8 month old Golden has the hot spot on her back, dry skin is scooting her butt and I noticed the rice grain looking thing in her poop. I already have a vet appointment tomorrow, just wanted to know the answer.

Is it possible for a dog to get a scab on it's back and dry skin from tapeworms? General Dog Discussions
    • There are usually multiple tapeworms in an affected dog's intestine and the effect of the infestation will be a gradual loss of weight and possibly a poor coat and lethargy.Treatment involves persuading the tapeworm to let go of its grip on the lining of the intestine, and this can be achieved by administering anti-worming medication specific to tapeworm, or your vet can administer a injection. The tapeworm then dies and is digested normally. You will need to make sure that his bedding and all furniture is vacuumed and cleaned and all the tapeworm egg sacs removed so as to prevent re infestation, and maintain a regular worming and flea control program. As for him dragging his butt on the floor, it might be that his anal sacs are clogged. Ask your vet if they need to be expressed to give your dog relief. All they do is give their anal area a good squeeze and all the nasty stuff is expelled. It's good that you have a vet appointment. Your dog will feel much better after treatment.