Any guesses of what is wrong with my dog?

My dog is about 5 years old. So far today, she can't hold anything down, she keeps throwing up her food. She's thrown up 3 times today so far. Twice for 1 meal and once for her last meal.She's been limping for 2 days now. It's been on and off and mostly…

My dog is about 5 years old. So far today, she can't hold anything down, she keeps throwing up her food. She's thrown up 3 times today so far. Twice for 1 meal and once for her last meal.She's been limping for 2 days now. It's been on and off and mostly…...
    General Dog Discussions : Any guesses of what is wrong with my dog?...

• Any guesses of what is wrong with my dog?

Any guesses of what is wrong with my dog? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is about 5 years old. So far today, she can't hold anything down, she keeps throwing up her food. She's thrown up 3 times today so far. Twice for 1 meal and once for her last meal.She's been limping for 2 days now. It's been on and off and mostly happens after she runs reaaly hard after things when she is taken for runs(ever since she's been limping we haven't walked her but it has gotten worse)

Any guesses of what is wrong with my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • From the symptoms you have described my honest answer is your vet needs to see your dog i am not a vet i cant see your dog and im not qualified to diagnose your dog

• Hi, she could have gastro, two of my dogs have just come down with it. This is very dangerous as she could dehydrate and could also die. As to the limp she must have hurt herself. She needs to see a vet urgently.

• There are at least two things ailing your dog. One is a sore leg. It could be muscular pain, a skeletal problem, such as a cracked bone, a joint injury or ??? Your vet can identify what is wrong for you.Your dog also needs to see a vet for the vomiting.There are seldom if ever any vets at Answers. It is illegal for anyone but a vet to diagnose a dog's ailments. Even if it wasn't, without seeing the dog and having veterinary training, you wouldn't get any worthwhile sort of diagnosis.

• There are certain breeds of dogs that get a twisted gut, and it is fatal if the dog doesn't get immediate surgery to untwist it. Dogs with deep chests are the ones that mostly get this, but it can happen to other breeds. Since you say she was running, and is not better but worse, I would not take a chance and take her in to the vet immediately. At the very least, she will get dehydrated and can die from this as well.Please take her in, or you may lose her. Better safe than sorry.