Should I be concerned about a 15wk old puppy eating a scorpion?

Just found my puppy had a scorpion hanging out of its mouth. He eventually bite the tail of it off, before I could get to him. He did not whimper, or yelp, like he was stung. Not sure what I can do for him, except monitor for swelling, trouble breathing,…

Just found my puppy had a scorpion hanging out of its mouth. He eventually bite the tail of it off, before I could get to him. He did not whimper, or yelp, like he was stung. Not sure what I can do for him, except monitor for swelling, trouble breathing,…...
    General Dog Discussions : Should I be concerned about a 15wk old puppy eating a scorpion?...

• Should I be concerned about a 15wk old puppy eating a scorpion?

Should I be concerned about a 15wk old puppy eating a scorpion? General Dog Discussions
      Just found my puppy had a scorpion hanging out of its mouth. He eventually bite the tail of it off, before I could get to him. He did not whimper, or yelp, like he was stung. Not sure what I can do for him, except monitor for swelling, trouble breathing, or vomiting? Any help is appreciated!

Should I be concerned about a 15wk old puppy eating a scorpion? General Dog Discussions
    • There's not really any problem with him eating a Scorpion... He could be stung by one and be perfectly fine, most vets recommend that dogs be given Ibuprofen if Stung, but that's about it.... And honestly due to the relatively weak venom in most scorpions in the US, I wouldn't even worry.... Scorpion venom is rated on a 1-5 Scale where 1 is Negligible, and 5 is HIGHLY Venomous... The most venomous in the US is a 3, and most species have no effect on dogs and such, but should you still be worried call the vet and ask how much Ibuprofen to give to a dog of your puppies weight.