How come my dog shakes out like he's wet all the time?

Hes a labradoodle. Long hair. Bathed. Ears clean. But he keeps shaking his coat like hes wet. I know it could be allergies or mites. I have pretty much ruled those out. He started this a few months ago. Is it normal? Is it possible it has become…

Hes a labradoodle. Long hair. Bathed. Ears clean. But he keeps shaking his coat like hes wet. I know it could be allergies or mites. I have pretty much ruled those out. He started this a few months ago. Is it normal? Is it possible it has become…...
    General Dog Discussions : How come my dog shakes out like he's wet all the time?...

• How come my dog shakes out like he's wet all the time?

How come my dog shakes out like he's wet all the time? General Dog Discussions
      Hes a labradoodle. Long hair. Bathed. Ears clean. But he keeps shaking his coat like hes wet. I know it could be allergies or mites. I have pretty much ruled those out. He started this a few months ago. Is it normal? Is it possible it has become compulsive or a bad habit?

How come my dog shakes out like he's wet all the time? General Dog Discussions
    • Usually if the dog is shaking a lot its because of ear mite or an ear infection. You say the ears are clean so I'm not sure. Smell his ears to check for an ear infection, if they smell bad then he has one.

• The fact that his ears seem to be ok doesn´t necessarily mean that they are ok. This sounds like an ear infection and / or ear mites. So take your dog to the vet to let him check out your dogs ears. Ear infections can - when untreated - cause deafness in your dog. (My dog came to me with untreated ear infection + mites. Treated him again and again for almost 5 years. The last year almost every months. In the end he ended up deaf. So don´t take this lightly.)