How can i get rid of ticks or bug under my dogs paws?

Most of them are under neath my dogs paws are little bugs, im not too sure what they are but i think they could be ticks because i pluck them off, i squished them and there was blood. When my dog was sleeping on my bed there were little black tiny…

Most of them are under neath my dogs paws are little bugs, im not too sure what they are but i think they could be ticks because i pluck them off, i squished them and there was blood. When my dog was sleeping on my bed there were little black tiny…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can i get rid of ticks or bug under my dogs paws?...

• How can i get rid of ticks or bug under my dogs paws?

How can i get rid of ticks or bug under my dogs paws? General Dog Discussions
      Most of them are under neath my dogs paws are little bugs, im not too sure what they are but i think they could be ticks because i pluck them off, i squished them and there was blood. When my dog was sleeping on my bed there were little black tiny looking bugs and when i squished it, it looked like blood and im not sure if they are ticks. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

How can i get rid of ticks or bug under my dogs paws? General Dog Discussions
    • They could be mites, fruit flies, fleas, or ticks. The tiny ones aren't ticks, I'm guessing they are mites or fleas, in which case you will need to get him examined by your vet to determine what kind they are and how to get rid of them. Ticks are pretty hard to squish and can range from the size of a lady bug up to a quarter size. Ticks are hard to pull out and may cause damage if the legs don't come with the body. You can put a thick amount of vasoline over the head of the tick so they can't breath and then they might let go with their legs which is the goal. If the legs are left inside your dogs skin it could get infected and then you'll have a whole new set of problems. If they are ticks and they don't come off, going to the vet is a good idea.

• I don't know where you live but here in kansas we have ticks so small they blend in with my freckles....lol....they could be ticks. althought ticks are usually reddish...I would get some flea and tick spray and spray it on his paws and rub it between the pads of his paws and up his legs and belly to keep them off. but you might take him to the vet to make sure he doesn't need treated for mites. Mites look sort of like ticks but they're black.