I have two week old puppies. How often should they defecate?

I have been stimilating their anus area to defecate and urinate. At first they defected and urinated, but now it seems that they are urinating more than defecating.

I have been stimilating their anus area to defecate and urinate. At first they defected and urinated, but now it seems that they are urinating more than defecating....
    General Dog Discussions : I have two week old puppies. How often should they defecate?...

• I have two week old puppies. How often should they defecate?

I have two week old puppies. How often should they defecate? General Dog Discussions
      I have been stimilating their anus area to defecate and urinate. At first they defected and urinated, but now it seems that they are urinating more than defecating.

I have two week old puppies. How often should they defecate? General Dog Discussions
    • is the mother around?? she should be taking care of it. if not, they should poop at least twice a day. don't let it go for more then 2 days. they can get backed up and die for their own toxins. the vet can insert something to make them go.what kind of dogs and how many??

• hmm...at that age the mom should be licking their butts to make them poop and pee..and eat it...its nasty I know...I have worked with ALOT of puppies at the SPCA I worked for. puppies that age should be pooping all the time. BUT if the mom ISNT there and YOU are taking care of them....they might not poop by themselves because they dont know how yet. so pick one up and take a warm rag and wipe down their butt, it will be the same feeling as if the mom was doing it and it should make them poop. you should do this every hour. if you dont then they can get poisoned from internal poisons. so it is very important. IF the mom is NOT licking their butts...its common in first time moms..then you will need to do it for her. sorry... sometimes first time moms get sick of her pups and dont want to take care of them. also make sure they are eating enough. they should be eating all the time too..pups that age should be eating and sleeping ALL day :) if they are not eating enough then you may need to mix some warm water in with soft food or put some chicken or beef babyfood ontop. that should make them want to eat. Hope that helps some :)