14 Year old German Sheppard has a marble size bump above his anus. What is it and what would a vet charge?

It is about the size of a large marble and I noticed it about 2 weeks ago. It does seem to cause him any pain but it started bleeding today. He poops fine with no apparent strain or pain! It is in between his anus and the tail. It does not appear to…

14 Year old German Sheppard has a marble size bump above his anus. What is it and what would a vet charge?

It is about the size of a large marble and I noticed it about 2 weeks ago. It does seem to cause him any pain but it started bleeding today. He poops fine with no apparent strain or pain! It is in between his anus and the tail. It does not appear to…...
    General Dog Discussions : 14 Year old German Sheppard has a marble size bump above his anus. What is it and what would a vet charge?...

• 14 Year old German Sheppard has a marble size bump above his anus. What is it and what would a vet charge?

14 Year old German Sheppard has a marble size bump above his anus. What is it and what would a vet charge? General Dog Discussions
      It is about the size of a large marble and I noticed it about 2 weeks ago. It does seem to cause him any pain but it started bleeding today. He poops fine with no apparent strain or pain! It is in between his anus and the tail. It does not appear to be in the anus at all. What is it and is it serious? What would be the cost to have a vet take care of it?

14 Year old German Sheppard has a marble size bump above his anus. What is it and what would a vet charge? General Dog Discussions
    • The cost to "take care" of it depends on what it is. The cost of having a vet look at it will depend on your vets office visit cost. I'm assuming that since your dog is 14 years old, you have a regular vet and know what the cost of an office visit is.

• Your ShepHERD (not sheppard) needs to be taken to the vet...whatever it costs. We can't see the lump and even if we could we probably would have no idea what it is.All lumps in elderly dogs should be investigated. Cancer is prevalent in GSD's.