How long should a de-wormer take to clear up everything?

Hello,My dog just finished his 3 day treatment for de-worming two days ago, and yet today there is still some blood and mucus in his stool. How long does it take after a de-worming treatment for everything to return to normal? Any ideas to help speed up…

Hello,My dog just finished his 3 day treatment for de-worming two days ago, and yet today there is still some blood and mucus in his stool. How long does it take after a de-worming treatment for everything to return to normal? Any ideas to help speed up…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long should a de-wormer take to clear up everything?...

• How long should a de-wormer take to clear up everything?

How long should a de-wormer take to clear up everything? General Dog Discussions
      Hello,My dog just finished his 3 day treatment for de-worming two days ago, and yet today there is still some blood and mucus in his stool. How long does it take after a de-worming treatment for everything to return to normal? Any ideas to help speed up the process?Thanks!

How long should a de-wormer take to clear up everything? General Dog Discussions
    • The medicine is still working in his system. Just let the medicine do it's work. Once you have given the medicine, you have nothing to worry about, except making sure you worm your dog every 3 months. make sure it is medicine from the vet, as OTCs do not work.There is no such thing as speeding up the process when worming dogs.The drug companies have taken many years and lots of time to produce the best and safest way for drugs to work through your pet's system.If you find in the next 2 weeks that there are live worms, you will need to repeat the treatment. Read the instructions and follow them.Take your dog to the vet if the bleeding has not gone in a weeks time.

• my 2 year old papillon has to get a de-wormer too.the vet i go to told me that it would take 3-4 weeks.if there is blood & mucus in his stool the medicine is probably working & it is passing through him.